IN TIMES LIKE THIS
I want to thank the entire Management of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, ……for their event; WOMEN IN MINISTRY CONVENTION. I thank God for what God is using our Father , Daddy Adeboye and mummy Folu Adeboye, to do and achieve in this part of the world and my prayer is these great Faith leaders in Africa will finish strong and approved in Jesus’s name. Amen.
INSIGHTS INTO THE TOPIC; IN TIMES LIKE THIS.
1. THE PERCEPTION ABOUT TIME
2. THE PURPOSE OF TIME
3. THE POWER OF TIME
4. THE PLUGGING INTO THE GATE OF TIME
5. THE PRAYER FOR A TIME LIKE THIS
Objectives of the teaching
1. To gain deeper understanding of women in Ministry
2. To learn how to handle situations per time in and out Ministry
3. To learn how to grow and groom your relationship with your spouse and children
4. Learn how to identify and deal with potential obstacles in your home and Ministry
5. How to gain knowledge and confidence of the hidden secrets of success in family, parenting, and Ministry.
THE PERCEPTION ABOUT
There’s , and has been a great misconception about the definition and the understanding of time in our present clime. While some regard time as events of the day; many think it is just a mere season, while most think it is what you brought to it that counts. But I pit it to you this day that whatever definition you give it based on your own personal and preset understanding does not matter. What matters is that your understanding delivers unto you the desired and expected benefits. If you see a snake and your definition of the snake is snail because they both have same rhythmical pronunciation, you are bound to accept the consequence of the fierce battle snake would offer you. It has been scientifically proven that our understanding of an object or an event is determined by how we see the object or the event. The way you see time is determined by how and what time offers you.
Whatever your definition and understanding of time now does not matter but I say to you in this meeting that TIME IS MARKED IN ITS ABSENCE. This means what you do per time will be evaluated and the report card will be given unto you after you had left. Reason bible enjoined us that we should number our days so we can apply wisdom. Proverb 6:6 directs us to go to the ants and learn of him.
THE PURPOSE OF TIME
For everything on earth there’s a purpose. God is a God of order and purpose. He never creates anything in the absence of purpose. Which means a need will always preceed a purpose. Anytime there’s a challenge in the nation of Israel, a prophet was always raised to provide solutions. Scriptures says for this reason Jesus was made manifest so that He might destroy the works of devil
THE POWER OF TIME. The power of time is the ability and capacity to understand indeptly what time is with a view to deploy all your energy to make every moment in it count after you. God never jokes with times of the day. He does different activities per time because He knows what each time symbolizes.
THE PLUGGING INTO THE GATE OF TIME.
Mordecai challenged Esther in the book of Esther 4:13-14 Esther was being rebuked, and scolded for her self evacing, self indulgence, and self preserving mindset towards the influences of the royalty. When we lacked the knowledge of what to do per time , humongous benefits will elude us. As a wife you must know when to plug into the ‘mumu’ button (soft button) of your spouse and children. When your husband is angry isnt the time to unleash yours. Wives must know when to fight for their rights in the homes also.
THE PRAYER FOR TIMES LIKE THIS.
EPHESIANS 1:17-20. Many of us women still dont know the purpose of the coming of Christ concerning our calling in Him.
HOW WILL THE ABOVE BE OF TREMENDOUS BENEFITS TO US AS WOMEN IN MINISTRY?
There are times for everything under the sun. Many women in Ministry have used their mouth to destroy their homes and Ministry
Only few of women pay attention to the sins of the tongue; curses, slander and lying. The book of James calls the tongue a fire, a world of iniquity and a restless evil full of deadly poison. It is as serious as that. You could take any animal, but nit tongue. Many mothers have ripped open the roof of their marital homes, ministry, and children through the benevolence of a loose speech. Many children’s destinies have been badly affected due to the inappropriate use of words per time to correct their exuberance. There is a time to SEAL YOUR LIPS, WOMEN.
WHAT TO OBSERVE IN TIMES LIKE THIS
1. Time to AVOID. Please do choose your battle wisely. It is not every battle you fight, and it is not every abuse against you deserve a response. You can’t however do this with a head knowledge. You need the spirit of discernment and wisdom to know what and how to do this. You must handle a tensed situation calmly with tact, courage, and resourcefulness. A good example of this is Abigail in the bible. 1 samuel 25:14-19
2. Time to COMMAND. Some instances of issues in your marriage and Ministry are better handled in PRAYER. Only very few can be done at policy making level.
3. Time to ACCOMMODATE You can accommodate your husband and children in matters concerning the well being of the family. For instance the period of financial meltdown in the family regardless the mistakes of your husband for the season.
4. Time to COMPROMISE. AT times you let go of pride for the purpose of kingdom of God to reign on the family. You could be earning than him, spiritually higher , and influentially stronger. Your compromise does not reduce your influence or wealth or position in the ministry. But increases your happiness
5. Time to COLLABORATE. This may seem unpopular. Never make room for any excuse to thrive in your ministry and home. A collaborative effort from you may be all that is needed to bring sucor to the home and marriage. Susanna, John wesley mother did all to collaborate even when the husband failed in all areas.
6. Time to FIGHT a good fight of faith, unity, progress,. Fight of purpose, fight of expression, fight of reasoning, fight of duty and obligation,
I thank you all for your time
God bless you all
CEO, Parenmark school of parenting.